Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Making Tortillas

I wish I would have had my camera with me today. We learned how to make corn tortillas in class. After going over grammar for the first half of the day, my teacher's mother-in-law visited our class to teach us how to make the delicious tortillas. The ingredients are simple: corn flour, water, and some oil. Her technique was spot on. She made a ball with the dough. Then somehow managed to simultaneously flatten the dough and turn it making it perfectly round and even. My tortilla was close to her example, but a little bit more uneven and a little less round. We cooked the tortillas on a stove top. It was a really neat experience. And now I'm a professional tortilla maker...well sort of.

A pretty flower in my neighborhood
(I didn't have any tortilla making pictures) 

2 comments:

  1. The flower is pretty. Just like how I think you are. Now you can make the tortillas for our chicken quesadillas. yay. - Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay I will get you a tortilla press for your birthday!mom

    ReplyDelete