Saturday, June 16, 2012

Along came a spider...

I had absolutely nothing to do today: no homework, no class, no anything. To cure my boredom I decided to take on a challenge. Some readers shared their disbelief of the improvements I have made regarding my arachnophobia.  Because I had nothing to do and wanted to go outside, I chose to hunt for spiders to further show that I am conquering my fears.
Weird? I'd say so. Interesting? Yes. Scary? Just a little. 

During my search in the neighborhood I encountered plenty of spiders. The spectrum of spiders I found in such a small area (I just looked around two streets), amazes me. They're actually pretty cool creatures. And for the record, I was really close to the spiders and I didn't even freak out. 

Big brown spider (In the middle of the picture)
This guy was hard to take a picture of because I think he knew I was there watching him. He tried to hide from me in the nest located in the middle of his massive messy web. I snagged this picture, but it doesn't do justice for his size, impressive web, and overall ability to be a frightening arachnid.

White dangling spider

White spider on the tip of a leaf

Gold spider under his web

Tiny spider floating in his web

Spider hiding in the corner 

Fiesta spider
(This is the most colorful spider I found)

7 comments:

  1. GROSSSSSSSSSSS : ) - Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, i also meant to say you have a real talent for finding these things. im impressed. i think your spidey senses are working haha - Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK until I see one in your hand or crawling up your arm I am not convinced that the fear is conquered. I think you are using your big zoom lens to make it look like you are up close and personal.
    Bored in Costa RIca? I guess its time to come home....Just kidding.
    Love you,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say that these spiders really don't look all that bad. In fact I've seen house flies that look more menacing than these spiders you are posting. But if it makes you happy to believe you are overcoming your fears then good for you. Love you, talk to you later. John

    ReplyDelete
  5. While my carpet is being replaced, I've moved to the basement and saw two spiders in the bathroom last night. Thought of you! Love, Miss Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. You go, Spidergirl!! Much Spidey Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete