Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Mi casa es su casa

It didn't rain today. Just kidding... it poured as usual. Good thing I bought a fancy big umbrella yesterday.
Class today was a lot of fun. We played a game involving grammar structures and gave short presentations. My class is four hours long (9 am-1pm), but my teacher makes the class enjoyable so we're not bored out of our minds. After class a group of us went to the mall together. I bought a coin purse to to hold my change for the bus. Once everyone was finished shopping we went our separate ways. Three other students and I walked home from the mall (the mall is farther away from our houses than the university).  I think next time I'll stick to taking the bus... it was a longggg walk.

I haven't written about my host family or their house yet, so I will now. I mentioned this in an earlier post, but I live with two host moms, Soli and Sara. I also have a pet; Axel is a small yellow bird that likes to sing in the mornings. I like him a lot. Soli is a lawyer for the government and is gone for most of the day. Sara works for the newspaper but she is usually home. They both are really nice, understanding and helpful. I have my own bathroom and room with a closet and a desk. The house is very nice and I feel comfortable living here. Sara cooks most of my meals. The food is always delicious. I am lucky to be with such a great family.

Axel in his cage 

My room 

My bathroom


I will post a picture of my house and moms when I get the chance. 


3 comments:

  1. House looks very comfy. I think Mango is jealous you have a new bird friend! Hope your ampollas don't give you problems tomorrow :)
    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful amanece in Colorado today, Syd. Your room looks peaceful. I see your bed is made, and am impressed :) Que tipo de pajaro es Axel? Glad your new sombrilla is keeping you mostly dry!
    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dad- I have no idea what kind of bird Axel is... if I understood correctly, he flew in their house one day and they caught him and put him in a cage. He's cute though. I make my bed everyday :)

    ReplyDelete