Thursday, June 14, 2012

Maybe I'll stay for a while

GOOOOOL!
On Tuesday some us went to a local bar to watch a Costa Rica soccer game. It was a qualifying game for the World Cup. Costa Rica won. I had a lot of fun watching the game and spending time with everyone.

I feel like I am finally starting to become adjusted to life in CR. I already know where many places are, how to get to those places, and what stores I can go to if I need something. My comfort level for walking around the city and taking buses by myself has definitely increased; I still take the necessary precautions when I should, but I'm not fearful. Now that I'm becoming more familiar with the area, I'm finding new favorite places to go. The little bakery (panadería) that I pass by on my way to the bus makes the best chicken empanadas. And I always recharge my phone at the Mega Super by the park. I'm really loving San José. Who knows? Maybe soon, I'll be a regular tica.
(Tico/tico is a Costa Rican term for Costa Ricans)

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you are getting used to places but don't forget to keep being safe : ) and geez, who gave you the idea for that last line in the post? its a good one.... - Ryan

    ReplyDelete