Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Rain, Rain on Soli's B-Day

It has rained everyday since I arrived in CR. It usually rains in the afternoon and at night. In the afternoons the rain doesn't last that long, maybe an hour. It's pretty manageable and I don't mind it. I haven't had to walk home in the rain until today. It rained all day long. The rain varied from pouring to a light rain (pelo de gato or cat hair as they say in CR); either way everything got wet. I put my massive purple umbrella to good use today.

Me in the rain with my purple umbrella 
(I just got home from class)

In addition to a rainy day, today is also Soli's birthday (cumpleaños). Yesterday Sara and I went on a two hour adventure to the store that sells orchids. I picked out a purple orchid because the color of Soli's favorite soccer team is purple. Soli really like her present and gave me two big hugs after thanking me. 

Sitting in the living room 
(The orchid I gave Soli for her birthday is on the table)


6 comments:

  1. Glad to see you smiling despite the rain! Tell Soli Happy Birthday from your Colorado Springs Mom! Looks like you picked out a beautiful orchid, I am sure it will grow better there than mine do here. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Soli! Hope she's having a great day. You look very pretty under your purple umbrella, but sorry for all the rain your having. Have you named the dogs yet? And great you did well on your test last Friday. I'm not surprised! Love, Miss Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did name the dogs. I'll have to write about it in another post.

      Delete
  3. Nice digs! You look very colorful, even in the rain! Kind of tropical looking, very pastel-like! Way to go. Love you, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. CAT, I know i don't tell you this enough but I'm so proud of you for everything you have and will achomplish on your semestere abroadre! ;) haha I miss you so much! For Soli! Estos son las mañanitas que cantaba el rey david...da da da i forgot the rest of the words. love you so much
    Other cat (Erica)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks small cat! I love you sooooo much! And you are a goof ball. : )

      Delete