Sunday, June 3, 2012

So Far, So Good

There's hope... Today at lunch Sara told me that I like to talk (no surprise there) and that that is a good thing. She predicted that I will "have it" (referring to my Spanish abilities) in 2 months. I hope she's right.

We drove home from Santa Cruz today. It was a really nice drive. With the windows down and wind in my face, I couldn't have been happier. I purchased my first Costa Rican item at a store called Más X Menos. I needed a notebook for my Spanish class tomorrow so we stopped at the store to buy one. It costs 1,100 ₡. 
Like I mentioned, I start my Spanish class tomorrow morning. I have no idea where the building I'm supposed to go is located; the UCR campus is huge! Luckily, Sara offered to accompany me to and from the university. I'll write about my experience tomorrow.


The landscape 
(This picture was taken from the car on the way home) 

A butterfly in Santa Cruz

I will write about my host family, house, and pet soon, too. 

4 comments:

  1. Looks likes great start to your Costa Rican adventure. please do not rascal your bites! Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another good day. Always thinking of you and happy to see photos of you! Love Miss Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I think I rigged the comments to work. Let me know if this is successful. You are teaching me lotes, Syd. Your first few days sound very eventful and exciting, even if just getting which way the wind blows. I love the idyllic photo of the sailboats on the bay......what a relaxing and peaceful moment. Good luck on your primera dia en classe!! Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sydney! Love the blog and all your posts so far. It'll be fun for the girls to follow along on your adventures. It sounds like you are settling right in and enjoying it so far. There was never any doubt! Best of luck and have fun!
    Steve,Melissa,Maya & Sofia

    ReplyDelete