Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Ryan comes to Costa Rica!

Ryan and I at Playa Samara 
(This is a picture from the most awesome weekend ever)

Believe it or not, but that's a real photo of Ryan, my boyfriend, and I on the beach at Playa Samara in Costa Rica. Ryan, being the best boyfriend ever, pushed aside his doubts about coming to a country like Costa Rica and came to visit me last weekend! Even though it was a short visit I had a great time (Ryan did too). 
Ryan flew into San Jose Thursday afternoon. We ate dinner with my host moms. It was a great chance for Ryan to practice his Spanish phrases, which include "Gracias por invitarme" (Thank you for inviting me) and "Mi nombre es Ryan" (My name is Ryan). My moms really liked the flowers we brought them. Despite having to have me translate between English and Spanish, everyone enjoyed dinner and had a good time.
The next day we headed for the beach. About half way into our five hour long bus ride, the bus decided to break down. The way everything was handled was extremely different than what would have happened in the U.S.. I wasn't surprised by how everything played out, but I think it was a bit of a cultural shock for Ryan. He handled it well though and kept his cool. Eventually another bus came to get us and we made it to the beach later that night.
The rainy season is just now starting to really pick up. It rained quite a bit at the beach; it was sunny too. Unfortunately controlling the weather in Costa Rica is on the list of things I can't do. But we didn't let that stop us from playing in the waves, looking for shells, playing with Hermit crabs, and enjoying the beach
Above all, I had an amazing time! I'm so glad Ryan came all the way to Costa Rica to see me! 

4 comments:

  1. I HAD SO MUCH FUNNNN!!!! Thank you for being a wonderful guide/translator. You're the best : ) - Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture of you two!glad Ryan had fun and was able to experience costa rica.PS. Your hair looks amazing:)love you mI'm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How great you two had such a fine time together. These are the times of your lives! Thrilling!! Who took the picture??
    Love you, Dad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some lady from Texas took the picture. She was really nice.

      Love, Syd

      Delete